Batman - 1966 TV Series Batcave Desktop Sculpture
“TO THE BATCAVE!!!”
Those three words evoke one of the most memorable interior locations in pop culture. Batman’s sanctuary, his base of operations, the nerve center of his activities-a mysterious subterranean lair that is equal-parts forbidding and exciting.
The Batcave has enjoyed many iterations through the years, both in print and on-screen. One of the most enduring and iconic was the classic 1966 Batman TV series.
In practical terms, there was not one "Batcave" production set, but a series of evolving sets that physically morphed scene-to-scene each season.
The classic Batman TV series Batcave was a riot of retro 1960’s aesthetics, and because of these variations, this model does not attempt to duplicate any version from any specific episode, or scene. Rather it replicates the “feel” of the Batcave most commonly seen, and remembered.
Also, the inclusion of movable cave elements allows you to customize the look of fixed parts, including the prominent ’atomic pile, presented above in the most common positions.
Comes with 16+ Unique LED lights in fixed animated hues, including:
- Hidden floor lights, to emulate the large floodlights with colored gels that were used on set
- A pulsating color change effect inside the Atomic Core
- Flashing lights in select monitors and screens
- The model is powered by 4 AA batteries and lights are independently controlled by two separate circuits with on/off switches
The product has been meticulously hand-painted with period correct colors that were thoroughly researched and includes scaled replicas of the most important signage and graphics
Moving Parts Include:
- A turntable that can be manually rotated
- Selected movable furniture that allows you to dress the set as you prefer
- A faux rock door panel in the entrance tunnel that can be removed to allow access entry by the Batmobile (Bat Mobile model not included)
- The model measures an impressive 18” x 14” x 9” (45cm x 35cm x 22cm) and weighs in at over 20 lbs.
- It comes in a collector box and includes a combined booklet and certificate of authenticity that tells the story of the original set and the replica
- Each piece is individually hand-numbered. The edition size for this piece will be based on the number of pre-orders received by September 30th, 2017
Length: 18 Inches
Width: 14 Inches
Height: 9 Inches
Weight: 20 lbs.